Monday, April 24, 2006

My Whirlwind Life

First, I should mention that Chrissie is playing the part of Angellica Bianca in a production of Aphra Behn's Restoration-era play The Rover, and that the play will be performed at the John Raitt theater on Hollywood Boulevard this May (with performances on the 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th, and matinees on the 7th and 14th).

Easter was fairly pleasant. Chrissie, Matt, my grandparents, my aunt, my uncle, and my four young cousins came to my parents' house for a low-key celebration.

On Monday the 17th, I went down to San Diego for the baptism of my friend's baby. Fortunately, I was able to ride down with my friend's dad and his family, so I didn't have the stress of driving over there, and could focus on the event itself. I had a good time, and was able to support my friend and meet some of her friends and family members.

My dad's birthday was on the 20th, and my family had a celebratory dinner on the 21st. Happy birthday to him!

Last night (the 22nd), Chrissie and I went to see the Sacred Fools' Serial Killers, a series of five short skits which are voted on at the end of the night. The three most popular skits return the subsequent week with new installments of the stories, along with two "challengers." Next week, Chrissie will be performing in a new skit written by Nick, so it was good to see what she had gotten herself into. Although, inevitably, some skits were better than others, it was a fun event with an enthusiastic audience.

Today was Thomas and James' sixth birthday celebration. The party was held at a pottery painting place, which was fun, although I was too meticulous and only finished half of my vase.

A Tale of Two Cities is my next book choice; I must have some weird interest in books that feature executions. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to focus on reading very much, so I haven't read very much yet. I'm hoping that I will be able to read more of the novel soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment