Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Late Night Posting

I can't believe that September is more than halfway over; the school year seems to be going by quickly.

My sister's 21st birthday was on the eighth, and, in order to celebrate, the family (plus Matt) went to Las Vegas for that weekend. We stayed at the Venetian and went to various attractions in the area, including the Liberace museum, the Stratosphere tower, the gondolas at the Venetian, and Madame Tussaud's. Additionally, we went to see a somewhat cheesy Rat Pack tribute show, which was fun.

Chrissie also had a birthday dinner with some of her friends on the 17th. Two of my friends were also able to come to the dinner, which made it enjoyable.

In other birthday-related news, I had a belated birthday celebration of my own on Saturday; a friend of mine had been planning to take me to tea at a tea room in Pasadena, and we were finally able to go. It was a lot of fun, and the tea room itself was quite adorable.

Finally, my roommate situation has changed. On the 6th, I had learned that this was a possibility, as someone in the complex was having roommate problems. My roommate wasn't around, but I met with her and got some contact information. When I approached my roommate with the situation, she was adamantly opposed to the idea; as of Friday, when I left for the weekend, it seemed like there wouldn't be a change, at least in the immediate future.

However, my roommate gave in during the time that I was gone in Las Vegas, and the other girl moved in on Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, I wasn't given any notice about the change, so I didn't really know what was going on until I walked in and saw the second girl there. I didn't really have any time to adjust, so I think I was a bit cranky for a couple of days, but I eventually got used to the revised set-up. Luckily, my new roommate is easy to get along with, so I think the situation will be fine in spite of the awkward transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment