Monday, March 18, 2002

Tengo Hambre

Well, this is what I get for putting things off until the last minute. It's really late, the caffeine in my tea is starting to wear off, and I'm hungry but don't have any food around and can't get any at this hour.

I'm about seven pages into my thesis, having done the introduction (actually, I had written a bad version before break and refined it during my vacation) and my background secondary source material. So I have twenty three to twenty eight pages to devote to the primary sources that make up the bulk of my thesis. I know I'll be up all night fighting sleep and feeling crabby and rotten, but I will get this rough draft finished on time, and it will be a relief to have it behind me.

I couldn't get any work done this afternoon even though I knew it was important and that I had already done enough slacking to write multiple theses. I think that, somehow, being hungry and spent makes it easier to concentrate and get work done. Perhaps it's an ingrained trait; we're wired to 'work', or seek food, when our stomachs are empty, but don't instinctively feel the need to when we're relatively comfortable. Heh, this is rationalization at it's finest/most desparate...

No comments:

Post a Comment