Sunday, April 11, 2004

Easter Eve

I spent the largest portion of my week working on a paper. The paper took it's toll on my room; papers are strewn everywhere, and I haven't had the time to focus on keeping things tidy. Hopefully, I'll find some time later this week.

Though I've been busy for most of the week, I was able to go to USC and see a student performance of Patience, Gilbert and Sullivan's satire of aestheticism, with my sister, dad, and grandparents. The school puts a great deal of effort into their musicals, and the result was very good (particularly since I like Gilbert and Sullivan to begin with). I was also able to meet up with a friend on Friday, and that was a nice break after a week of writing.

In other news, Ken Starr (yes, that Ken Starr) has recently been appointed as dean of my law school. Though I'm sure that the appointment will raise the school's profile, my feelings on the matter are a little mixed. I'm not surprised, though; at least among students, the appointment has been treated as a foregone conclusion for some time now.

I found out on Wednesday that I will be the Legal Summaries editor for the NAALJ Journal next year. The job is basically what it sounds like; I will be selecting and writing summaries for recent cases. I was slightly surprised, because my interview didn't go well, but I'm glad I got an editorial position.

No comments:

Post a Comment