Sunday, April 10, 2011

From App to Zzzz...

Sleep Cycles for 4/7-4/9, 2011.One of my favorite new iPhone apps is the Sleep Tracker. It uses the phone's motion sensors to provide a rough estimate of how deeply a person is sleeping at a given time.
It works as an alarm, which is timed to activate at the period (within a designated 30 minutes) when one is most alert and likely to respond.
As an added bonus, it keeps a record of a person's sleep cycles for a given night, making it possible to track, in a more objective sense, how well a person has been sleeping. Obviously, the measurements are pretty rough, and it's not like this app is capable of reading brainwaves, but I still am excited to see the results.
I tend to be a night person, and struggle in the mornings, so I'm hoping this tool will help me to address my problem.
Finding Number One: It looks like I am not getting enough hours of sleep.
Finding Number Two: I kind of knew that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment