Wednesday, July 2, 1997

1997 Trip: Bonjour Paris

It's really late & I have to get to sleep, so I'll be quick:
  • Sunday: We went to the Trevi Fountain & then walked around. After playing Hearts at the hotel, we went to Alfredo's (the original restaurant was closed, but we found a 2nd one) for a farewell dinner.
  • Monday: We flew to Paris. I was able to talk to the lady next to me ("Ellen") b/c she knew some English & my Spanish helped me understand some Italian.
  • Tuesday: We toured Paris, going from the prisons that held Marie Antoinette to Notre Dame to the Pantheon (which held the graces of French notaries) and back to the hotel. It was 5 miles total, but the cold temperatures & interesting sights made it bearable (I especially liked the crypts of the Pantheon).
  • Wednesday: We saw the Louvre. That place is huge! There was some beautiful work, and, though the Mona Lisa was crowded (as expected), Leonardo's other stuff & many very famous paintings (David's crowning of Napoleon) were easily seen. Though it was worthwhile, everyone was tired by the end. We later went to the fair by the Louvre & went on a flume ride (so-so), a roller coaster (ow), a haunted house (so-so), spinning swings (pretty good), a motion simulator (nobody else was in the cabin so Chrissie & I kept sliding from side to side), and a fun house (all I have to say is that fun is relative - I would call it a bumping around house). It was okay, but I would have rather stayed back. Oh well.
 Goodbye & good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment