Sunday, July 6, 1997

1997 Trip: Parting with Paris, Cheerio to London

I finally have another chance to catch up, so here's what we did:
  • Thursday: We complied with Chrissie's wishes & saw Disneyland Paris. Many rides were completely different from the Anaheim versions. The Indiana Jones ride was a straight-up roller coaster (with a loop-the-loop) and Space Mountain had both a loop-the-loop & a corkscrew. Thankfully, the park closed at 8:00, but we didn't get back until late.
  • Friday: We went to London on the Eurostar (through the "chunnel"). It was nice, with tables & assigned seats. However, it was nearly empty. We made it to our hotel & had dinner.
  • Saturday: We went to Regent's Park & the London Zoo. The park was lovely & I enjoyed the zoo more than I thought I would. I especially liked the potoroos, the skunk which I named the "coffee skunk" b/c it kept running in circles & bumping into the glass, the tigers, the bats, and the apes.
  • Sunday: Today we saw the Imperial War Museum. While the Fashion & Espionage exhibits & "The Trench Experience" were nice & it was overall better than I expected, the straight out war stuff tended to be a bit on the dull side. We walked home with a stop at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner & watched some TV.
Well, that's it. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment