Wednesday, November 6, 2002

S'Wonderful

Class has reached a bit of a lull, though things are about to pick up, since there will be an open memo assignment. A lot of classes have had to be moved around because of professor trips and the like; I'm not complaining, since it's nice to be able to disregard a class every once in a while. I did end up finishing that nightmarish citation assignment. Predictably, it was done very late at night when I couldn't procrastinate any more.

On Monday, Chrissie came over; we watched It Happened One Night (for her class) and went out to dinner. I enjoyed the movie, and I personally think Clark Gable was better in this than Gone With the Wind (though I've never been particularly fond of epics like GWTW). We had fun, and might try to get together tonight for her Hitchcock class.

I was able to spend most of last night just relaxing. I saw An American in Paris for the first time. The Gershwin music was great, and Gene Kelly is so good at musicals; you can tell from his smile and the way he's dancing that he's really enjoying himself. I never really liked the song "S'Wonderful" before, but the way it was performed (along with the context) really made it a highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment