Monday, December 23, 2002

Christmas Eve Eve

I remember getting all hyped for the holidays when I was younger; I used to look forward to Christmas all December. Now, it hardly feels like the holidays are here, and nobody's even taken the trouble to decorate the tree yet. I think part of it has to do with school, since holiday celebrations are hyped a lot more when you're in elementary school and junior high, but a large part of it is just my growing older and having changed. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that things are more low-key, and in many ways it's better... it's just odd to reflect on.

Anyway...

On Saturday night, I went with Chrissie and Jordana to see "El Crimen De Padre Amaro", the controversial Mexican film. Sunday was pretty sedate, and nothing of interest really happened. Today, Chrissie and I did some last minute shopping at the local mall. Naturally, it was a zoo, and I got back completely exhausted; I suppose that, even if I am in denial about the holidays, those mall crowds should convince me that 'it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'...

No comments:

Post a Comment