Sunday, January 5, 2003

Well, I'm Back

Break was uneventful, but I guess that's sort of the point; after exams, it's good to get rid of the stress of classes. Anyway, I was able to see two movies since I last wrote (the IMAX version of The Lion King and Adaptation). I was with my dad when we saw The Lion King, and, though I did not realize it, he had never actually seen the movie before. I guess I must have seen the movie with friends when it first came out.

I did end up ordering a new computer, and it's a really nice one: a Sony VAIO with plenty of space and memory, and even a DVD-RW drive. I can't wait until it arrives sometime this week.

Anyhow, I'm back at law school now. I got back early this afternoon, and, after unpacking and some goofing off, have done the reading for tomorrow. It was nothing too strenuous, of course, but I wish I had realized I had a reading assignment earlier.

I was thinking a little about it today, and I am missing Bryn Mawr quite a bit (even though there's probably snow on the ground back there). I guess I missed Marlborough too, but Chrissie was there, and it was easy to visit for special events, so I wasn't 'away' in the same sense. Plus, while I spent more years (6) at Marlborough, I didn't actually live there. Bryn Mawr was really where I 'came of age', and while it wasn't always a picnic, it was a very special place. Even though I was never a social butterfly, I miss being around everyone there and partaking in the various traditions and opportunities at the college. I miss the discussions, singing in Chorale, lying in the sun on May Day, watching the frosh during Hell Week, and countless other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment