Monday, January 3, 2005

Is it 2005 Yet?

I find it hard to believe that this decade is nearly halfway over, but I suppose there's no avoiding the fact.

Christmas was fun. Chrissie and I both received our share of presents, and even got iPods as one of our two 'Santa gifts.' After the family finished opening presents, we hosted Christmas dinner for my mom's side of the family. I spent most of my time looking after my young cousins, so I was a bit tired at the end, but I had a good time. After everyone had left, my parents, Chrissie, and I stayed up to watch the broadcast of The Sound of Music.

I spent New Year's Eve at a party hosted by Reena and her parents. It was low-key, but fun; we basically hung out, ate, and chatted until midnight.

Aside from that, I haven't been doing all that much recently. I was able to tidy up my room and the rest of the apartment, which is boring but necessary. I've also uploaded some of my CD collection to my new iPod, so I can actually get some use out of it.

This afternoon, I went to a nearby state park in an attempt to get out a little, but that backfired when my car got stuck in the mud. I spent the entire time talking to a Triple A representative on a callbox with bad reception (my cell phone isn't working right now) and waiting for a tow truck to come. By the time that the problem was solved, it had started to rain, so I ended up going home immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment