Saturday, April 9, 2005

Too Busy

Spring break was fun, although, as always, it was over too soon.

On Sunday, March 10th, a friend and I drove out to Hearst Castle and went on the tours there. Since I had never gone there, we went on the general tour first. Later, we went on a second tour, which covered the upper floors of the main building; this tour included the library and Hearst's study. Next, we drove down to Buellton, checked in at the hotel, and had dinner at the Hitching Post.

The next day, we went around to several different wineries. One winery offered a tour of the premises, and we bumped into a law school classmate (who my friend had classes with) and her family. Later, we took advantage of the picnic space at another winery, munching on some of the cheeses and meats which my friend had brought. We went back to the hotel in the afternoon. After taking a nap, we went out to dinner, had coffee, and played Trivial Pursuit.

We started our last day by having breakfast at a restaurant in the "Danish" town of Solvang. At my insistence, we stopped by the local ostrich farm and looked around. Later, we explored a nearby flea market, went to one final winery, and walked around Solvang before returning home.

I have posted my vacation pictures here if anyone's interested.

Since then, I have been keeping relatively busy. In addition to the normal routine, I have met Chrissie and my cousins at Chuck E. Cheese, celebrated Easter with my family, participated as a "judge" for the first-year moot court competition, and seen a few performances.

The first-year competition is, in my opinion at least, the most grueling of the moot court competitions; the competition isn't spread out like other ones, and, as every member of the first-year class is required to participate, the Board has to preside over many individual rounds. I tried to be an active judge in my rounds, although I worry that I may have been slightly demanding of the participants at times.

Although I was a little tired during Easter, it was fun to be around my family for a while. I spent much of my time looking after the twins with Chrissie and Matt. We had gotten copies of The Incredibles in our Easter baskets, so looking after them inevitably entailed watching the bonus "Jack-Jack Attacks" movie several times.

Yesterday, I went with my roommate and met my family to see the USC production of Anything Goes. USC gives lavish attention to its annual musicals, so it was, unsurprisingly, a good production. It was interesting to hear the score, which I was pretty familiar with, in the context of the play itself, which I hadn't seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment