Saturday, April 23, 2005

Work Update

Paper #1 is done. It is for a First Amendment seminar, and the topic is school officials' regulation of student expression on the Internet. Although I have done my research, I still need to work on paper #2 for my Jurisprudence class; it will be about Ronald Dworkin's interpretive method as applied to Jackson v. Birmingham Board of Education. Paper #1, paper #2 and my NAALJ legal summaries will be due on Wednesday, the final day of classes.

I only have one final exam, for Wills and Trusts, on Wednesday, May 4th. Also, paper #3, dealing with federalism in the context of state laws allowing euthanasia, will be due on May 13th, at the end of the exam period. However, things will be comparatively simple after this Wednesday.

Since I've tried to stay close to home and work on papers, I haven't been doing much of interest. However, I did meet with my grandparents and sister in order to see a CSUN production of Carousel. I have a few other family-related events to attend in the next few days; I will be present at my twin cousins' 5th birthday tomorrow, and I will also watch Chrissie perform on Monday.

In other news, a fire broke out in one of the few local shopping areas. I was nearby while the fire was raging, so I did see some of the action firsthand; it was pretty shocking to approach the area and see a huge plume of smoke. I patronized some of the businesses that were damaged (the movie theater, Ben & Jerry's, and the Casa Escobar restaurant), so I found the damage. Fortunately, there weren't any injuries; the damage was limited to property.

No comments:

Post a Comment