Tuesday, May 3, 2005

Work and an Interview

I wasn't able to get any sleep on Tuesday (April 26th), but I did manage to turn in papers #1 and #2. I had to take a few more days to finish my Legal Summaries, but at least the journal is a bit more flexible than my professors. Now, all I have to do before graduation is take Wednesday's Wills and Trusts exam and write paper #3.

The journal had its end-of-year dinner on Wednesday. Everyone seemed to have a fun time, and the food was good. Our Editor-in-Chief also passed out NAALJ tote bags as gifts.

The Legal Summaries were interesting; I was able to cover a decent range of cases and administrative law topics. Some of the cases dealt with common disputes over things like licensing and zoning, but I was also able to cover cases that involved more contemporary issues, including touchscreen voting systems and the No-Fly lists.

I was amused (but not surprised) by the number of acronyms that I encountered in these administrative law cases. Feel free to try and figure out what they mean, although some will be obvious:
FERC, UNF, BIA, NEPA, NFMA, APA, EIS, FDA, AVA, TSA, NPDES, DNREC, ALJ, FDP, MDEQ, EPA, BME, CRNA, and NJANA.

Interview Meme

Rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


An interview, courtesy of Annie:
1. When did you decide to go to law school and why?
I started applying to law schools during my last year at Bryn Mawr. Initially, I was also planning to apply to various graduate schools' history programs, but I eventually decided that law school would be a more practical option. I figured that I would be able to effectively apply my skills in the legal field, and that a law degree would be useful even if I decided not to go into law.

2. Do you want to stay in LA, or is there another city you want to live in eventually? (There can be one practical one and one impractical one)
Ideally, I would like to move to an "East Coast metropolis," and I have been considering New York, D.C., and Boston. I've looked at San Francisco as well.

To be completely impractical, I enjoyed living in London (during the summer of 2003), and I wouldn't mind moving there at all.

Yes, that's more than two, I know...

3. Favorite Marlborough memory?
My favorite memory would probably be the Speech & Debate team's trips to Berkeley. It was fun to stay at "Grandma's Bed and Breakfast" and explore the random shops in the area.

I also enjoyed playing McNair in our school's all-female version of 1776. It was great to be involved in the rehearsal process to the extent that I was.

4. If you could buy any car, what kind would you get?
I would really like a Prius; one of my friends has one, and I'm very jealous. :)

Personally, I would be happy with anything that was compact, efficient, and easy to maintain.

5. How many people from your graduating class do you keep in touch with (that aren't on LJ)?
I haven't kept in touch with many people from my graduating class at all, really; I've probably heard more from members of Chrissie's class than from the class of '98. I don't think I've seen anyone in person since I attended the 2002 graduation. As far as non-LJ contacts go, I have two members of my graduating class on my Friendster list, but that's about it.

There are some people who I'd be curious to hear from, but, with the possible exception of Doc's European tours, I'm not really interested in attending events geared towards Marlborough alumnae.

No comments:

Post a Comment