Thursday, September 27, 2001

I did work and other things

After going to bed pretty late last night, I woke up earlier than usual to finish up some work. Predictably, I was something of a zombie in this morning's classes, but I felt more awake by the afternoon. Surprisingly, my Chaotic Dynamical Systems teacher liked the way I did Tuesday's homework problem (which I did at an insanely late hour), and asked me to explain what I did to the class, so that was sort of good. I was able to explain things well enough despite the aforementioned zombie problem.

After my last class, I went back to my room to find the phone ringing. It was the director of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. She had wanted to cast me, but my schedule just didn't work with the other people she wanted, so she wasn't able to. I can't say I wasn't a bit disappointed, but I'm glad that she took the effort to call, and also that the fact I wasn't cast didn't really reflect on me. I have a pretty full schedule as it is anyway, so having the extra time is probably beneficial.

Since I didn't have my senior thesis class this week (it's 'visit the archives' week), I was able to go to a math problem session and work on my Real Analysis homework with some classmates and a TA. I usually just throw my homework together, so being able to work with people and ask questions was really helpful. Real Analysis can be tricky, because the teacher and TAs want proofs to be clear; simply understanding the concept isn't enough. So it's especially good that I was able to go to the problem session.

No comments:

Post a Comment