Monday, August 12, 2002

Moving Day

Hmm... where to start?

Well, I picked dad up on the airport on Wednesday, finishing A Civil Action in the process. Though I got a haircut, Thursday was fairly uneventful.

On Friday, my parents and sister left for Las Vegas without me, as I had to check in at the student housing on Sunday. I got the house to myself for some of the weekend, though I spent much of the time with my grandparents. We rented videos, and I stayed over at their place. In addition, I got to see my cousins, who were cute (as always).

Today, I moved into the graduate student housing at Pepperdine. I reluctantly woke up at 7 and did some last-minute packing before my grandparents came over. After lunch, we headed over to Malibu, where the campus is located (I will have to post pictures; the area is really beautiful). After the initial confusion, I got my key and started to move things in. Later, we made the trek back to Northridge and got some more stuff before my grandparents said goodbye and I more or less set up the room.

The room consists of a common room, a bathroom, and four single bedrooms. The fourth room is currently unoccupied, but I did meet my other two suitemates. The first girl didn't stay for too long (she was just unloading her stuff and won't be back until orientation on Tuesday), but the other girl seems pretty nice and we're getting along well. And, of course, having a fast internet connection again is great.

In many ways I am surprised that the summer ended so fast, but I'm also glad to be moving on to new things. I just hope that I get off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment