Sunday, July 6, 2003

Write-On

Not much has happened since I last wrote; I've basically been working on/procrastinating my law review 'write on' since I got settled in. I was able to call home for the fourth, and made the rounds speaking with family members (including my 3-year-old cousins, who implored me to come home). Other than that, I haven't done much of interest besides struggle with myself in an attempt to get this project done (which is especially hard when I am inclined to relax after exams and I know it's 'optional' in the back of my mind).

Today, I've holed myself up in the classrooms in an attempt to get the work done. I've pretty much taken over the rooms (even spreading out my wet laundry in the small classroom, as the dryer at the housing complex wasn't working), and fortunately haven't been disturbed by any of the undergrads here. I'm going to place my wireless card in my locker once I've finished with this entry so I can finish; hopefully, with the help of a liberal supply of coffee, I will be able to complete the paper and subcheck.

Tomorrow morning I leave for York, so I have a trip to reward me after this thing is over and done with.

Update: It's now about 3:15, and I'm about 1,200 words into the Case Note part of it (which has a limit of 3,300 words), but it's becoming increasingly apparent that I can't realistically get this and the subcheck finished in time, at least not if I want to do a decent job and get the footnotes right. If I had an extra day or two, I could pull it off, but I know I won't be able to mail it tomorrow (I need a July 7 postmark), even if I decided to forego the York trip. I guess I just had too much on my plate, and it was unrealistic for me to try and do an assignment 'designed to take no more than 2 weeks' in 3 days. I suppose I can always wait for next year, and even the attempt was a valuable experience. In any case, it's probably better for me to get a couple hours' worth of sleep before my early morning taxi than get no sleep in a vain attempt to finish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment