Friday, March 26, 2004

Summer Plans

I got an offer for an externship the Licensing section of the California Department of Justice on Wednesday; I decided to accept, and have been starting to make further arrangements so that I can be certified to appear in court and get class credit for my work. I also have to arrange to get fingerprinted with the other externs, which needs to be done quickly so that background checks are finished before I'm ready to work.

Finally, I'll have to cancel another DOJ interview (with the Torts section). The selection process for the section wouldn't have been completed until April, and I didn't want to jeopardize a concrete opportunity that I genuinely am excited about for a chance at another one, especially since both of the two externships are at the DOJ and are probably fairly similar.

More than anything, I'm happy and relieved that I have some practical job experience lined up for the summer. I think it's something that I could really use at this point, both on a personal level and on a practical one.

No comments:

Post a Comment