Monday, July 29, 2002

Ms. Weatherup's Wild Ride

My mom let me borrow her minivan again (since Chrissie is using our shared car), ao I made plans to go to a movie on the other side of the hill. Of course, since I haven't driven much outside of the general area and didn't have a map that gave me an overview of major streets (Mapquest was out of the question, since I don't feel ready to tackle freeways in the minivan)... and because my sense of direction is still, uh, atrocious, I got lost to the point that I couldn't make the showing. Instead, I had lunch in Larchmont (which is right by my old high school) and went over to LACMA (which had a Murillo exhibit I was interested in). It's really pleasant just to be alone and able to think and remember without having to worry about or be distracted by the people around you; losing yourself in thought is really something to be cherished. It's one of the major reasons I enjoy having a decent amount of solitude so much. Anyway, I drove back home; though I took a different route, I had a much easier time of getting back home.

And, according to my sister, the air conditioning is broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment