Monday, September 30, 2002

In The Hot Seat

On Saturday, Chrissie picked me up and took me to USC, where we saw three Hitchcock films (she's taking a Hitchcock class): Foreign Correspondent, Spellbound, and Stage Fright. It was lots of fun; I need to do that sort of thing more often. After she dropped me off, I finished my open memo. It wasn't a huge paper, but I nevertheless ended up getting to sleep at 1:30 or so.

I was (fortunately) able to wake up early and get my memo into the Faculty Secretary's office on time. Of course, the natural side effect of this was that I was a zombie for my early morning Property class; I noticed most of my classmates were in a similar state. Fortunately, I did get better once I had a few sips of coffee after class. This was especially fortunate considering that I ended up getting called on and grilled in Torts; I had done one-sentence answers before, but this time my prof. asked me questions throughout an entire case (Vaughan v. Menlove). Fortunately, I did a pretty decent job and felt on top of things. If nothing else, I don't have to worry about whether I can handle being called on anymore.

I spent the remainder of the day either studying or relaxing, and things were generally good.

No comments:

Post a Comment