Sunday, September 15, 2002

Weekend Fun


Well, I went to Santa Monica for the mentor group thing. Despite the fact that the mentor implied in the flier that the event was mandatory (you were supposed to call if you couldn't come, and had to have a pretty good reason why), attendance was low, with about five mentees. Mentor #2 even bowed out. It was fun, though; we pretty much sat around and played board games and joking around. Since it ended at about 10 and I had heard earlier that plans with my friends were probably going to fizzle, I ended up going to Bar Review with the mentor group instead.

After classes ended on Friday, I went out for pizza with friends before going back to meet Natasha. I showed her around my apartment and the law school before we headed out to Zuma Beach. After leaving the beach, we had dinner at the Cheescake factory and went back to the college. Because she's a big animal rights person, I pointed out some deer on the way back to the building. She asked that we go outside on foot and try to find deer, so, after a quick stop, we went and saw a group near one of the parking lots. Of course, we didn't get incredibly close, but it was a fun adventure all the same.

Saturday was mostly a working day, though I did drive out to Santa Monica for part of my study time. Luckily, I got most of my workload out of the way by Sunday, because Chrissie called me and we ended up getting together. We had ice cream at the local Ben & Jerry's before driving around and finally going to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment