Thursday, September 5, 2002

I'm Still Alive?

I apologize to the throngs of adoring fans who have been sorely disappointed by my lack of LJ updates recently.

As you probably could have guessed, I have been preoccupied with law school and readjusting to my new environment, and haven't had the same amount of time to dedicate to LJ or other internet stuff. It's not that the work has become overwhelming yet; I suppose I'm just that my mind has been 'elsewhere', if that makes any sense.

Fortunately, I have been getting along well here. I am so glad that the housing situation worked out, since it has really helped me out. I have been getting along well with my roommates and the people living right by the apartment, so that has helped me come out of my shell somewhat. It's nice to have a group of people to hang out with outside of class and occasionally go on excursions with. It doesn't hurt that many of the people are in my section; we can study together, and the fact that we walk to classes together makes it more difficult to sleep in.

Classes have more or less been interesting. Personally, I like the more 'substantive' classes, that deal with certain areas of law (Torts, Criminal Law, etc.), as opposed to the 'skills building' classes like Legal Research or Civil Procedure, but nothing has been downright bad. Happily, though some of my friends have been grilled, none of my professors have put me in the 'hot seat' yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I think I'd be prepared as anyone else has been, but you never can tell until you've been put under that type of pressure.

Since I'm not on the meal plan and I figured it was a good opportunity, I've begun trying to teach myself the dread subject of... cooking. Despite my overlooking a few things in the beginning, I have been able to pick up on the basics pretty well. My personal favorite meal right now is the onelette, just because it's so simple.

I can't think of any other developments right now, but I'll hopefully be able to write more in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment