Sunday, March 23, 2003

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...

I had moot court on Saturday. I had asked my partner to get a 'bailiff' earlier, but he wasn't able to gat anybody; fortunately, I roped my sister into doing it, since she'd only have to be there for the very beginning (she had to meet with some people later that day). She was also able to take several pictures of me in my 'business attire' as well of some pictures of me getting ready for the event. It went pretty well; the only problem that I had was some nervousness, and I felt prepared (even though I didn't do a huge amount of post-brief prep).

I didn't do much today except watch the Oscars. I sometimes dislike the big winners, so it was good to have Chicago and The Pianist win the top honors. Adrien Brody deserved his award, though I felt bad for Halle Berry (then again, maybe she's the victim of 'overemotional Oscar moment karma'). I do think the screenwriting award should have gone to Adaptation rather than The Pianist (which drew more on direction than the script). In any case, it was nice just to veg out and watch the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment