Monday, October 20, 2003

Weekly Highlights

I had my Corporations midterm on Wednesday. The stakes were low, as it only counts toward a student's final grade if it helps them; one person even left five minutes into the exam. I felt fairly confident about the test, as the professor made sure to review subjects ard prepare us. I also had to give a direct examination for Trial Practice; I thought it went well, and was happier with it than I was with either my opening or closing argument.

Classes were cancelled on Friday because of a school conference, so I had the day off. Later that evening, I went with Chrissie and her roommate Jenny to dinner before meeting another group for a screening of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which, while not exactly my kind of movie, was well done for what it was.

Today, I learned that I have another on-campus interview, this time for an insurance law firm. The interview is on Thursday, so I have to be sure to prepare my writing sample and get ready for the interview itself.

The following is a semi-amusing excerpt from my Admin. Law reading:
"Hoctor dealt in exotic cats, including three lions, two tigers, and seven ligers (a liger is a cross between a male lion and a female tiger), six cougars, and two snow leopards (but no tigons)."

I don't think I've ever heard about 'ligers' before, and it sounds like something from a children's story, so I went ahead and did a little research.

No comments:

Post a Comment