Thursday, October 23, 2003

Too Tired For Titles

I think my medicine is doing its job, as my ears no longer feel clogged. The medicine is making my throat feel dry, but I can live with that until I'm better.

On Wednesday, I had a lunchtime NAALJ meeting as well as a cross examination exercise for trial practice. The cross examination was actually a bit of an unpleasant experience. The guy I was up against used the somewhat underhanded technique of avoiding all my major issues when he direct examination, and then raising an objection if I tried to follow any line of questioning that he hadn't covered. I did the best I could to recover the bits of information that I could, but I couldn't really discuss my main points or conduct a complete cross examination. I felt pretty shaken by the end. I don't think it'll affect my performance in the class, since I did what I could with an unusual situation, but it was still frustrating.

This afternoon, I had the on-campus interview. I think it went well, though you never can tell. I found out that the 'insurance firm' was actually more focused on aviation law (including legal issues relating to plane crashes), so I would get opportunities to travel if I did accept an offer from them.

I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening working on a subcheck for the journal, though I was interrupted by a fire drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment