Tuesday, October 14, 2003

Whatever

About a week ago, I got a note from one of the London Program heads saying that I hadn't paid the fees for a doctor's appointment. Naturally, I contacted them as soon as I could; I told the secretary that I remembered paying and that I would try to look for the receipt when I was at my parents' house. Anyway, I got this email today:

Dear Miss Weatherup,
Thank you so much for your e-mail of 9th October.

We have checked our records again and found (to our horror) that you did pay on the day (27th June 2003) with a Visa card.

Obviously the person who took your payment neglected to mark it as paid.

I am so sorry that we troubled you with this matter, and apologise for our mistake.


I'm just glad that things got sorted out without my having to search around for a receipt, and that the problem was their fault rather than mine.

Today's Corporations class was interesting. It was a 'stockholder meeting' that functioned more or less as a review session for the upcoming midterm and gave the hammier students an opportunity to act out a bit.

After class, I got a call from Chrissie. I helped her out by getting a CD she needed for her latest student film and was able to see a mostly completed version of that film as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment