Thursday, May 26, 2011

La Moule Provencale

I was able to visit the BELvue museum, which provided an interesting timeline of the country's (relatively brief) history as an autonomous power, along with biographies of the Belgian kings. Next, I went to the Royal Museums, which had a decent selection of works, including David's Death of Marat.

After the museums, I mustered enough energy to visit Brussels' curous icon, the Mannekin Pis (which is basically what it sounds like). I walked through the Grand Place, and over to Rue des Bouchers, or "restaurant row." The row is pretty vibrant, with lots of people dining and enjoying the area, strolling accordionists, and waiters accosting passersby for their business.

I have just about finished a filling, if somewhat pricey, meal, and am ready to head back and plan for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment