Thursday, June 6, 2002

Pomp and Circumstance

Today I went to a Marlborough high school graduation; for those who don't know, I attended Marlborough from 7th to 12th grade. It was the same as past ceremonies I've been to, though I think the fact that I just graduated from college and am currently a bit aimless made me somewhat depressed. It gave me cause to reflect on my own issues surrounding high school and my own inadequacies.

After the actual graduation, there was a 'garden party' (basically a glorified reception). I got to see a few familiar faces from my graduating class, though some seemed happier to see me than others. I was also able to say hello to a few of my old teachers. Walking around at least seemed to improve my mood a bit, so I'm grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment