Monday, June 24, 2002

Sun and Moon

Wow, here's a change... I have some actual stuff to post about!

On Sunday afternoon, I went to the premiere of the Hey Arnold movie at Paramount - I know Craig Bartlett, who created the show, and he was nice enough to invite me. It was held in the main Paramount theater, which, as could be expected, was very large with nice seating. Of course, since it was a kids' movie, the atmosphere was low-key and sort of like a small carnival; there were people in Nicktoon suits greeting everyone who walked in the theater, and the post-movie party had moon bounces, dunk tanks, and the like (they also had Jamba Juice smoothies and other snacks).

A few hours later, I went with Chrissie and her friend Emily to the Westwood Brewing Company, where my friend Natasha was performing along with two of her friends. She did mostly Latin jazz and Brazillian music, and also performed a few songs she had written herself. It went off really well, and the three of us were pretty impressed by the performance.

Today, I finally began the arduous task of moving my desk to the other side of the room, which entailed moving just about every other piece of furniture as well. It's much more spacious now. It also gave me the opportunity to rummage through and rediscover old things dating back from junior high... lots of cards for various occasions, my Marlborough class ring (I couldn't find it for the longest time), the senior song Reena wrote to the tune of the Mexican Hat Dance, postcards, and even the 'senior letter' I had to write when I was in eighth grade (heh, I sounded like such a dork... but I probably still do anyway). I still have a lot to do, though. I'd like to rearrange and replace the posters on my walls, and I have barely touched the stuff I shipped for college. I'm just glad that I got the energy to begin the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment