Wednesday, February 5, 2003

Cough, Cough

I've been feeling a bit under the weather as of late; in addition to the routine sore throat problem, my eyes keep feeling strained and I am getting tired more easily. I'm also feeling sore, and had terrible back pains a few days ago. The only thing I can do right now is try and take care of myself and wait for things to get better. I feel better than I did yesterday, but I'm still a little worried.

I started reading Don Quixote the other day. One of the interesting things about Quixote is that, while it's famous as a world classic, I think it exists more as a conceit than a literary work these days (though maybe this is different in Spanish-speaking cultures), being altered and romanticized to the extent that the novel and people's conceptions of it are very different creatures. I guess that's true of most works, especially the most famous ones, but I think it would be interesting to take a good look at the original. Yes, I'm a pretentious dork...

Other than that, the day has been fairly ordinary. I had an extra Torts session today (because tomorrow's class had to be canceled), which made things a bit exhausting. At least I'll get some extra break time tomorrow. I was also able to relax a bit, and watched Annie Hall before finishing with my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment