Thursday, April 24, 2003

Long Time No Write

It's been a while, hasn't it?

Anyway, Saturday was my cousins' third birthday party. It was low-key and fun, and Thomas and James were pretty well-behaved. I stayed at my parents' home that night; my sister, Matt, and I dyed eggs for the next morning's Easter egg hunt (which I haven't done since high school, since I've spent recent Easters back east). We ended up getting to bed pretty late. After the egg hunt on Easter morning, we headed over to my grandparents'. We had originally planned to take separate cars, but parking was bad over there and we ended up going together, which meant that I couldn't leave early to work. I was pretty tired at the end of it, since the twins were a bit more active and hard to keep up with.

My last class ended on Tuesday, and I went out to dinner with a few classmates in order to celebrate. It was fun; I haven't done that much lately, so it was good to get out. This afternoon, I took my car in to get the brakes and stalling problem looked at. Fortunately, I was able to get a rental car, so I didn't have to worry about getting back as much. It was nice being in a car that ran smoothly for once. After doing some reading, I returned to my room and got a message from the dealer... the brakes were pretty far gone and they alone are going to cost $980. I have no idea how much the stalling problem will cost, assuming that I can get that fixed at all.

I felt angry and frustrated for much of the evening, but I was able to cool down a little by playing around with Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment