Tuesday, April 8, 2003

Miscellany

I turned in my performance test Monday morning, so I am officially through with my Legal Research and Writing class!

I called the shop this afternoon, and they're running into some unexpected difficulties with the car; it should be ready Tuesday afternoon, but the repairs are going to cost me over $400. This car is really frustrating me, since it seems like I could have gotten a decent used car with the money I've spent repairing it. But it's not really my choice since I don't have the money or the means of getting it. I considered getting a loan, but both my parents thought it was unwise.

I'm starting to get worried about my externships; though I think most of the places I contacted haven't really started thinking about clerkships for the fall, I really have a very limited amount of time to interview and otherwise work things out before going overseas. If one of these doesn't fall through and I can't get experience, I'm really going to be handicapped when I try to get a paid job later on. The whold process is getting to be pretty frustrating; I've already spent over $100 (mostly at Kinko's and the post office) just to get the opportunity to work for free, even though I really would like to have some money of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment