Thursday, April 3, 2003

Sturm und Drang

Classes ended earlier than usual today, as my Contracts professor had to cancel. Soon after my final class for the day had ended, I quickly drove down to get some coffee. My car was really acting up; whenever it was slow or stopped, it would shake furiously. Of course, I was worried, so I decided to stay close to home. I made some followup calls regarding fall judicial externships and watched Hannah and her Sisters before getting down to tomorrow's (light) reading assignment. After doing some reading, I drove down to the supermarket for some much-needed groceries (fortunately, the car seemed to do slightly better at night).

I'm going to have to take the car in tomorrow. It seems like such a waste to pour money into a 20-year-old pile of junk, but I'm unable to get a loan and can't really dedicate myself to a steady job right now (I need to focus on getting legal experience, which means that I have to work for free). I just worry that this car won't last much longer; especially since I'm in LA, where it's nigh impossible to get around using public transportation, having such an unreliable and even potentially dangerous car really frustrates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment