Sunday, April 6, 2003

Me Duelen Las Piernas

I checked my car into a repair place in Santa Monica on Friday; the only alternative in Malibu was a gas station, and I wanted to play it safe. However, nobody was able to pick me up, so I ended up walking and taking the bus back. It wasn't bad, since I don't mind taking a leisurely walk. If it weren't so inconvenient around here, I would definitely try it more often, since I find it easier to let my mind wander when I'm walking (rather than trying to control a deadly machine), and you can actually get reading or other work done when riding a bus or train, so transportation isn't as wasteful time-wise. Plus, it's nice to get exercise when you're doing something purposeful rather than forcing yourself to work out. The only unpleasant parts of the trip were the uphill walks (of all the locations, the law school has to be on the top of a hill). Once I got back, my legs were pretty sore, and I eventually had to take a nap, which threw me off a bit.

Today, I went to a symposium on asbestos litigation (our Torts professor had organized it, and thus offered our section a carrot in the form of a discretionary point). Some interesting points were made, but I think most students were distracted because of the performance test due on Monday. I was hoping to get the car after it was over (Chrissie was able to take me there this time), but there were delays and I won't be able to get it until Monday. At least I was able to draw a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment