Friday, April 18, 2003

Miscellaneous Events

I've been starting to prepare for the upcoming trip with Tiffany (my roommate for the summer); since we're arriving a week or so early, we'll be able to do some sightseeing before getting saddled with classes. Fortunately, we seem interested in the same types of things, so we'll both be able to see plenty of what we want without having to spend time on something that only one person finds interesting. Bookings should be made on Monday, but we've got some tentative plans, and found some hotels at a good value (including a very cute-looking bed and breakfast in Scotland). I also got an International Student ID card at a travel agency today; that should allow me to get some deals once I'm abroad.

Though I technically have classes next week, most of the professors ended the semester early in order to give us study time. I still have Property (only on Monday) and Torts, but otherwise I ought to get some time to study and prepare. I'm just in denial that it's all going to be over in a couple of weeks.

Tonight I was notified that I got on the Moot Court board for next year. I wasn't sure what the outcome would be, since I came into the interview cold (though most people don't really have time to prepare at this time of the year) and am not naturally talkative enough to cover for it. But I guess all's well that ends well.

I need to get my car's brakes fixed soon; I've notice the wheels have been sort of grinding when I've had to stop or slow down. I just don't know when I'll manage to turn it in, and I don't want to be carless for a period of time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment