Friday, December 7, 2001

Math and Stuff

Yesterday I went to classes, which were thankfully pretty laid back. Chaos was particularly relaxed; it basically consisted of meeting about our final projects and playing catch-up while everyone else was meeting. That evening, I went to chat, which was unusually lively. More people there than I think I've ever seen before.

This morning, I got up, did my math homework, and went to class. The professor wasn't there (she went to the hospital... she's pregnant and was due about this time) and another professor came in her place. It was basically review, so it wasn't anything important. After a bit of slacking, I went to Staples and got some materials for my Chaos project. I pretty much spent the remainder of the day working on it.
I am doing my project on fractals, focusing on the Koch Snowflake. The part I worked on today was sort of the 'experimental' part; I took a real snowflake and tried to approximate the fractal dimension. You can see what I did below. I originally included an extra level, but after finishing it I decided it was too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment