Thursday, May 16, 2002

Shipping

I got to bed late last night, as I was inundated with phone calls from my family and from home. Since I had gotten up early, I was really tired by the time I talked to Fred. Luckily, he was pretty patient with me as I half-consciously rambled about stuff like getting red shoelaces in Japan and visiting the pyramids (this happened in 1992).

Because my bedding was very bulky, I had to pack almost all of it, so I was stuck trying to sleep with only a small blanket and pillow. Needless to say, I had trouble getting to sleep, and I ended up getting up late without feeling incredibly rested. Once I was awake, I carted my boxes, May Day hoop, and bookshelf to the place on campus where Mailboxes Etc. had temporarily set up shop. Fortunately, the place was really close to my dorm, so getting things shipped was not nearly as arduous as it has been in the past despite the fact that I had more boxes. Shipping all my stuff did cost a pretty penny, but, sadly, I don't have much choice in the matter.

I later went to the supermarket to get some food, took an extended nap, got up again, and did random stuff. My life is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment