Sunday, May 26, 2002

Vacation, Part I

I've been busy with family vacationing and all, and have hardly gotten the chance to go online, let alone compose a journal entry. Since my sister's asleep and I therefore have a modicum of privacy, I figured that now would be a good time to post an update.

Anyway, everyone in the family seemed to enjoy the graduation. The next morning, my parents shipped off the 'last minute' boxes and we got on the road to Maryland. After checking in at the hotel, we looked around the historic district, but only ended up seeing one building. The next morning, we drove to Washington DC. We got to see most of the National Gallery before it closed. The next day, we visited the American History section of the Smithsonian before heading off to Williamsburg, the colonial capital of Virginia.

During the two days we visited Virginia, we saw 'colonial Williamsburg' (for those who don't know, the capital was moved during the Revolutionary War, so the area did not become urbanized and was eventually 'restored' by John D. Rockefeller), the Carter Plantation, and Jamestown. That evening, we drove south to Florence, South Carolina; the next day, we finished our trek and reached Orlando.

Today was our first day at the parks; we went to Animal Kingdom (the newest park) and MGM Studios. Animal Kingdom was fun, since we were more laid-back about it. The 'safari' was especially good, since we went early and the animals were actually out.

Tomorrow, I'll be taking a break from the rest of the family to see my friend Nicole, who lives in the area... it should be fun.

I should get off now.

No comments:

Post a Comment