Monday, February 11, 2002

Happy Cheese Sunday!

Yes, today was Cheese Sunday (a Macedonian holiday)... my Simpsons calendar lists obscure holidays and celebrity birthdays in addition to all the regular holidays. Sadly, I didn't get to eat anything with cheese on it.

Late last night, I cleaned my room, a long overdue task. I was surprised to find two Cups of Noodles that I had bought over a week ago and simply forgotten. I guess that shows how slovenly I can be sometimes. In any case, my room is spic and span now.

I woke up and did a bit more work on the infamous comic before a girl from my drama class came to meet with me (hence the reason behind my cleaning the room). We each had to do 'interpretations' of Shakesperean sonnets by building scenes around them, and it was strongly suggested that everyone go over our sonnets and 'characters' with a partner. For the bored/curious, I'm doing #44:


If the dull substance of my flesh were thought,
Injurious distance should not stop my way;
For then, despite of space, I would be brought,
From limits far remote where thou dost stay.
No matter then, although my foot did stand
Upon the farthest earth removed from thee;
For nimble thought can jump both sea and land
As soon as think the place where he would be.
But ah! Thought kills me that I am not thought,
To leap large lengths of miles when thou art gone,
But that so much of earth and water wrought
I must attend time's leisure with my moan,
Receiving nought by elements so slow
But heavy tears, badges of either's woe.


After that, I mostly goofed off, mostly surfing the web and doing comic stuff. I did get a chance to talk to Fred over the phone; we're planning on meeting this weekend and we tried to work out our plans. As far as the comic goes, I have drawn and scanned the 'cover image' and first five pages of "Castle Sturmundrang"; since page 5 breaks off at a good point, I think I'll post that artwork together as the first 'installment'. I don't think I could handle tackling the whole thing at once, and the story won't be hurt as long as I don't have a cliffhanger on every single page (though I have to say they are good at taking up space).

No comments:

Post a Comment