Friday, February 15, 2002

The Trek To Swarthmore And Other Tales

By some miracle, I was got up fairly early, and was able to get to my counseling appointment in time. I basically discussed my procrastination problems, and we talked about strategies to combat it. I have to work on breaking up my time better and setting firmer schedules for myself. Heh, it's a wonder I have been able to get this far given the sorry state of my study habits.

After a bit of stalling (I guess old habits die hard), I took the van to Swarthmore for thesis work; I had to get a hold of the microform copies of sources I needed. Unfortunately, microform isn't what you might call 'state of the art'... the text was blurry, particularly when I tried to print it. I had to write one of my texts ('A Tory Medley') out longhand; at least it's a source that I think I can use. In addition, the texts won't print out at a small size, so I couldn't fit a lot onto a page. I wanted to print out more, but I was running late and wanted to get back relatively early.

After getting back, I slacked a bit (I did get a bit of reading done while I was in the van, though). Later, I was able to bring myself to do a bit of reading, so I'm fairly happy with myself. Hopefully I'll be able to get the week's reading done tomorrow morning, since I'll be in New York with Fred for the rest of the weekend (yay).

I'm hoping I'll be able to be able to curb my procrastination. It's hard, since it seems that my mind is elsewhere, but I know it's a necessary thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment