Wednesday, January 23, 2002

Ergh...

Today I got up sort of late (though my early classes are Tuesday/Thursday) and went to the student store. After taking some medicine (which made me sort of drowzy later on), I met with another girl who wanted some of my Sure Thing doubles. I tried to read a bit after that, but I spent most of my time napping. I got up in time to go to my class. Afterwards, there was a discussion session with the TA; unfortunately, while I had done the lecture readings, I overlooked the discussion reading entirely. And the TA insisted that everyone speak, which was... not good for me. I then went to the dining hall, but, on seeing the selections for today, decided to order pizza instead. After doing my laundry, I ordered the pizza, and that's where you find me now.

To be honest, I'm not feeling very well today. A lot of this has to do with my sore throat, but there's the emotional component as well. I'm thinking of changing my chat habits so I limit my time to weekends, at least until I get better. It might not be a bad idea to stick to weekends after I get better anyways; it's foolish for me to get run down by staying up late in chat, particularly when I have early classes this semester.

I'm feeling a bit isolated and alone as well. Unfortunately, with the exception of my thesis class, there aren't really people I feel particularly close to in my classes. When you add my tendency to isolate myself, it's not surprising that I'm feeling a bit alone right now. Hopefully I'll feel better when Chorale and other extracurricular activities pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment