Sunday, January 20, 2002

Home... uh, Dormward Bound

Today I got finally got back to Bryn Mawr. I had worried that checking in would take a long time because of the new airline regulations, but it didn't take long at all. After two hours of waiting in the airport, I finally got on my plane. It was smooth sailing (or perhaps flying) until the plane approached Philadelphia. Unfortunately, the airport had to shut down because there was snow and they needed to clear the runways; the plane circled around for a while before going to Pittsburgh for refueling. We finally went back to Philadelphia. Unfortunately, that was not the end of my problems, as the luggage took an eternity to arrive in baggage claim. After getting my luggage, I was (luckily) able to take a taxi back to my dorm. Some very desperate individual even tried to get in the taxi while I was en route to the college.

The result of all this is that I ended up arriving around 1:30, over three hours later than I had expected. Oh well... I suppose it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment