Monday, January 14, 2002

Visiting Friends

Saturday afternoon, I was picked up by Fred, who briefly got to meet Sunny and my parents. I then got in the car with his friends Erik (who lives in LA) and Rita (who I had met before) and headed towards San Diego to pick up Marina. After picking her up, we had an early dinner there and went to Erik's house. We set up my computer's DVD, but it was sort of choppy, so we ended up watching tapes instead. After playing card games, we talked a bit and went to sleep.

The next morning, we headed to San Diego; however, Fred's car broke down on the way because of a clogged fuel pipe. Marina had to call in sick, and I ended up going home first since she didn't have to be back for work. Soon after I got back, my dad came home with Chrissie. We all had lunch, and later went to see The Royal Tenenbaums along with Chrissie's friend (and 'unofficial Weatherup') Jordana. Afterwards, I went with Chrissie to her dorm at USC, where I spent the night.

Today, I followed Chrissie around at school; we went to lunch, a sort of informational gathering for theater/film clubs, and her international cinema class. The lecture was on Japanese cinema, and included a screening of Kurosawa's Rashomon. While the film was good, the discussion afterwards wasn't really that great since the TA didn't seem to know what she was doing; she even ended it half an hour early. We then went to the library, since Chrissie had to get a sticker to show she was enrolled. She also wanted to show me the golden ticket from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but the area that housed it was closed. We then hung out a bit before my dad came and picked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment