Tuesday, January 1, 2002

Xmas, Seattle, and New Years

Heh, it's been a while since I've updated. I've been out more than usual, and when you throw in limited computer access, it makes it difficult to update.

Anyway, Christmas was a lot of fun. I got a lot of good presents, mostly DVDs and CDs (by the way, many thanks to those of you who got me presents). The 'special' Santa gift was especially good... Chrissie and I got some nice digital cameras. After the presents were opened, we all went to my grandparents' house, where we celebrated the holiday with them as well as my aunt, uncle, and one-year-old twin cousins. It was fun to watch them open their presents and get excited.

The next two days weren't too eventful. I basically played with my new toys, got some art supplies, and went with my family to see Behind Enemy Lines (you don't want to see it...).

On the 28th, I went to Seattle to see Fred. Though there were a few communication problems at the airport, we eventually met up. We first went to a farmer's market and ate some organic food before going to the Seattle Art Museum. We then went to the Science center there - it was fun to go there and play with the exhibits. There was even a butterfly room visitors could enter, and one of the butterflies landed on my shoulder for a second. Afterwards, we ate dinner at the top of the Space Needle. We then went over to GameWorks, a large arcade, and played a few video games. We bumped into an old friend of Fred's and chatted a while before going to the ferry. Since it would be a while before the ferry left, the two of us walked around the area. It was very late, so the area was almost completely desolate; everything was very serene. We walked past the art museum and to the concert hall before turning back. Eventually, we got to his mom's place in Port Orchard; since I was already pretty tired, I went to sleep almost immediately.

The next day, we met up with Fred's dad and uncle, who we ate lunch with. Later, we drove out to look at a piece of land that his uncle had bought. After that, we had to hurry back so we could check in to the Tugboat Challenger. Once we had settled in, we went to dinner and saw Lord of the Rings.

After a late start the next morning, we went downstairs to have breakfast as the boat sailed around the lake. Later, we chatted with his mom (she had also gotten a room). Later that day, we went over to Microsoft and went back to Port Orchard so we could check our email. We then went over to his friends' house to go kayaking; though his friend wasn't there and didn't come around for a while, his parents were nice enough to lend us their kayak and even share dinner with us. We later tried to meet up with another friend of his but ended up leaving a note.

On the last day, the two of us went back to his friend's place after a late start. After talking with them for a while, I had to leave for the airport. After bidding Fred farewell, I got on the plane and made my way back to Los Angeles, where I celebrated the New Year with my family.

Today, my family and I saw Ali and Monsters Inc. back to back. It was fun, and I have been wanting to see the movie for a while, so I was glad we were able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment