Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Sleepy

After my first class of the morning, I met with my professor to further discuss what I would be doing as research assistant. After the meeting, I turned in some papers to the student accounts center so that I could get paid (at the rate of $10/hr) for my work.

Later, I met Amanda for lunch at a Malibu restaurant, where I shared my trip photos and where we chatted about how things had been lately.

I didn't really get down to work until early in the evening; instead, I ended up killing time. I'm thinking that it might help if I started taking afternoon naps, since I find it easier to concentrate at night, and I'm not motivated or energetic in the afternoons. It could be more efficient, since it'll allow me to have more rest and have energy during times when I'm ready to make use of it.

I eventually did get down to reading, though my studying was interrupted by the fairly loud conversation of my neighbors. This is the second day in a row that I've noticed the noise, and I'm hoping that the problem goes away once they feel the pressure of classes; it worries me that this may become a semi-permanent problem. The noise isn't really noticeable in my bedroom, but I prefer to study in the living room, as there aren't as many distractions (i.e. my computer). And, while I could always go to the library, it's a bit of a hassle, and I've never found the library to be a good study space.

No comments:

Post a Comment