Thursday, August 14, 2003

Una Libra Del Pavo

I started out my day by going dress shopping with Chrissie in Santa Monica. Although we looked in several stores, we didn't really find anything that we liked. In any case, we had a fun time.

After I left Chrissie, I went over to the El Cholo in Santa Monica, where I met up with Reena, who I've only seen once since I graduated from Marlborough back in 1998. We were able to catch up over lunch; I showed her my vacation photos, and she talked about New York and Juilliard. After lunch, we walked over to a local movie theater and got our tickets for Whale Rider. Since the movie wasn't starting for a while, we went to the nearby Coffee Bean and hung out there in the meantime. After chatting a bit, we walked back to the theater and saw the movie; it was a good movie, and I thought the girl playing the lead character did especially well. Once we got out of the movie, we spent some time on the Third Street Promenade (and went to yet another Coffee Bean) before going our separate ways.

Anyway, it was good to see Reena, and I hope that she had a good time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment