Saturday, October 13, 2001

Fumbling Around in the Dark

Last night the power went out, and, since I made a mistake and thought it would happen an hour later than it did, I was in the shower when it started. Fumbling around in the dark for shampoo and soap is not fun.

After taking my shower, I noticed some people playing Trivial Pursuit in the hallway (the hallways were left semi-lit for most of the night). Though I didn't really know any of them all that well, I had a fun time.

Later that night, I tried to turn on my laptop so I could go to chat for as long as the battery lasted. Unfortunately, for some reason I could only get into Windows in 'Safe Mode', and, after restarting my computer a few times, I decided it was futile.

I was finally able to get on my computer this morning. After checking my email, I went to the local camera store to pick up some film. I then stopped over at the supermarket and made my way back to my room. I ate lunch and then called up my mom. We seemed to come to an understanding, which is really a relief.

The rest of my day has been relatively uneventful, but hopefully I'll be able to get some work done, including some studying for tomorrow's (gasp) GRE. Fortunately, I won't have the same transportation problems that I did with the LSAT; the GRE takes place during the afternoon and the testing center is accessible by train.

No comments:

Post a Comment