Monday, October 15, 2001

Money Down the Drain

After an uneventful morning, I called the testing center. Apparently, they had me scheduled for 9:00, which is really odd. I am pretty positive that I didn't misread the number I wrote down (it is very clearly a 4), and, since 'nine' sounds nothing like 'four', I couldn't have misheard it. My guess is that the person in the center misread the appointment. Oh well.

They said that I would have to call a different number to deal with billing, but would allow me to make a second appointment (the earliest date they could get me was November 26th... argh). When I called about getting a refund, they first offered a voucher for a second appointment, but, since I had already made the appointment, a voucher wouldn't work. They then gave me a partial refund, which is better than nothing, but nonetheless means that I wasted thirty or forty dollars for a test I didn't take.

This afternoon, I got an email from my sister, in which she announced that she had signed up for AidsWalk. I called to wish her luck, but she was busy and couldn't talk very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment