Wednesday, October 3, 2001

What Happened Today (Aren't I Original?)

Today, I woke up early to do a bit of my Chaotic Dynamical Systems homework before going over to Haverford for my 20th Century Russia class. Fortunately, I got plenty of sleep last night, so I didn't feel tired or anything. After class, I walked back and had lunch, then finished up the work.

Unfortunately, I had underestimated the amount of time that it would take to complete the assignment, so I skipped the CDS class in favor of finishing it up. The teacher is pretty understanding, so I think it'll be alright as long as I try and be more on top of things. And I think this week I've been relatively good in terms of that, the missed class notwithstanding. I think I needed the extra time anyway, since Tuesdays and Thursdays can be a bit of a drain sometimes. Well, enough with the rationalizations.

After finishing and posting a drawing, I met with a partner to work on our Double Indemnity breakdown. We watched the film a second time to get the order correct, though we fast forwarded a bit. After that, I was able to get some reading done on Zamyatin's We (for those who haven't heard of it, it's sort of a Russian 1984), which we'll be discussing Thursday. I made good progress, getting about 1/4 of the way through, but it was a pretty involving read and has gone pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment