Friday, November 16, 2001

Annoying Parties

I started my day with math work. After lunch, I went to schedule an appointment with my dean. I then spent some time on the computer before heading over to do some yearbook layouts. In a way, I don't know why I keep doing yearbook, since I'm pressed for time as it is. I guess you could call me an overambitious underachiever; I have a lot of things I want to do, but when I try and do them I'm not able to do much of anything.

Interestingly enough, I bumped into an old high school classmate while doing yearbook stuff (she goes to Haverford, and is the only person from my high school in the Bi-Co); the Yearbook office is in the anthropology/psychology building, and she's majoring in anthropology. We said 'hi' and chatted for a minute before going our separate ways. I think it's always odd when you see someone from your past unexpectedly, since you don't have the mental preparation to deal with them.

I then went back to start work on a film project. We have to do a plot segmentation and essay on one of the films we've covered in class. Because I thought it would be more straightforward (and because I could get a hold of the DVD), I chose The Wizard of Oz. It was interesting to see the movie again, though I have to say that I find Glinda a lot more annoying now that I'm not seven years old anymore.

Right now, a bunch of people are throwing a party right across from my room... needless to say, it's quite aggravating.

No comments:

Post a Comment